Senior Service Technician - Dallas
Knight Security Systems is looking for an organized and efficient Senior Service Technician to service existing system hardware, software, field devices, and associated wiring to the highest industry and Knight Security Systems (KSS) standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Necessary accommodations will be provided in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state or local law.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
- Possess knowledge of all field devices provided, professional wiring methods, programming, system capabilities, and competent in all installation aspects.
- Join in scheduled on-call rotation and satisfactorily service clients
- Coordinate schedule with Knight service personnel
- Coordinate and document activities with other installation/construction trades
- Know and understand the system requirements and deliver the agreed service to the client
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Fire Alarm installation and codes.
- Demonstrate capability to use a computer to program IP addresses of devices, panels, routers, servers, etc.
- Perform complex system programming on intrusion, access, video, other systems, and system integration.
- Use the proper trouble solving methods for field wiring, device repair/application, and system programming.
- Document as-built changes of system installation
- Properly record daily time and task electronically per KSS process.
- Communicate daily progress to the project supervisor in format required.
- Possess ability to understand project blueprints and service accordingly.
- Define and sequence all service activities to achieve daily schedule.
- Know and follow all KSS, OSHA, and job site safety requirements.
- Attend any required meetings.
- Attend weekly Operations Department meetings to communicate and identify issues and provide detailed suggested solutions.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy job folders, and Company systems, to include all necessary information such as Bill of Materials, Work Schedule, Asset Sheets, Approved Plans, Permits, and Packing Slips for received materials, contractor bids, and Scope of Work.
- Monitor and control KSS costs related to the execution of system servicing.
- Continually coordinate with any involved trades and document any Knight Security requirements to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Cost 70+% of labor time to service tickets while maintaining high efficiency and productivity
- Adhere to all Knight Security Systems’ policies and procedures.
- Keep track of all KSS project equipment and materials.
- Keep customer site and company vehicle clean, organized, and orderly.
- May supervisor others at times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure you constantly operate within the Knight Security Core Values of Honor, Integrity, Service.
- Constantly work towards your development of industry and product knowledge.
- Attend any on-going safety meetings.
What's in It For You?
- Competitive compensation and salary
- Company vehicle, computer and cell phone
- Professional Training
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance coverage
- 401 (K) with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
Why Work For Us
Knight Security Systems, a Texas-based company, has built a reputation as one of the country’s most progressive providers of security system solutions. Knight Security Systems strives to deliver the highest level of service in the industry to help our clients reduce internal and external loss, legal liability, and employee liability while improving client productivity, safety compliance, customer satisfaction and bottom line profits. Our staff is comprised of licensed professional engineers, seasoned technical professionals, IT network security specialists, and electronic security specialists. Knight offers a dynamic entrepreneurial environment focused on delivering high-quality service and support to our clients by using innovative tools and development of our technical staff.