Installation Technician - Houston
Knight Security Systems is looking for an organized and efficient Install Technician to service existing system hardware, software, field devices, and associated wiring to the highest industry and Knight Security Systems (KSS) standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Necessary accommodations will be provided in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state or local law.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
- Possess knowledge of all field devices provided and professional wiring methods
- Demonstrate capability to use a computer to program IP addresses of devices
- Use the proper installation methods for field wiring, device termination, and device mounting
- Properly record daily time, task, and project identification electronically per KSS process
- Communicate daily progress to the project supervisor in the required format
- Define and sequence all installation activities to achieve project schedule.
- Attend weekly Operations Department meetings to communicate and identified issues and provide detailed suggested solutions
- Constantly work towards your development of industry and installation knowledge
- Maintain electronic and hard copy job folders, and company systems, to include all necessary information such as Bill of Materials, Work Schedule, Asset Sheets, Approved Plans, Permits, and Packing Slips for received materials, contractor bids, and Scope of Work
- Monitor and control your costs related to the execution of a project
- Continually coordinate with any involved trades and document any Knight Security requirements to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Adhere to all Knight Security policy and procedures
- Keep track of all KSS project equipment and materials
- Ability to work independently at times
- Ability to follow instructions
- Effectively analyze project blueprints and install accordingly
- Ensure you constantly represent Knight Security Systems' core values of Honor, Integrity, Service.
- Know and follow all KSS, OSHA, and job site safety requirements
- Attend any ongoing safety meetings
- Attend any required job site meetings
What's in It For You?
- Competitive compensation and salary
- Company vehicle, computer, and cell phone
- Professional Training
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance coverage
- 401 (K) with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
Why Work For Us
Knight Security Systems, a Texas-based company, has built a reputation as one of the country’s most progressive providers of security system solutions. Knight Security Systems strives to deliver the highest level of service in the industry to help our clients reduce internal and external loss, legal liability, and employee liability while improving client productivity, safety compliance, customer satisfaction and bottom line profits. Our staff is comprised of licensed professional engineers, seasoned technical professionals, IT network security specialists, and electronic security specialists. Knight offers a dynamic entrepreneurial environment focused on delivering high-quality service and support to our clients by using innovative tools and development of our technical staff.